The use of electronic whiteboards in schools has both advantages and disadvantages.
- Replacing traditional chalk writing methods and reducing dust pollution have direct benefits for teachers and front-row students.
- It can achieve multiple utilization of blackboard writing, which is beneficial for consolidating classroom knowledge.
- It is convenient to mark with different marks, which is conducive to mastering key and difficult points.
- As the number of uses increases, the cost of whiteboard maintenance increases.
- The electronic pen may fail and the positioning may be inaccurate.
- The problem of reflection is difficult to solve.
- If there is a problem with the projected light source, it will become difficult to see clearly.
Advantages of using smart boards
- There are usually simple whiteboards on site, but they are often replaced by presentation racks or traditional projectors.
- Smart whiteboards and interactive electronic whiteboards can record discussion processes or decisions.
Disadvantages of using a smart whiteboard
- It is easy to treat smart whiteboards as graffiti boards, resulting in illegible handwriting.
- Watching the speaker struggle to spell the words they just said, even misspelling them, can make the audience feel dull and uninteresting.
- May interrupt eye contact or communication with the audience.
- High tech smart whiteboards are expensive to buy or rent.
Features of smart boards
- Writing pen, moisture-proof and explosion-proof.
Writing, erasing, and cleaning handwriting; Fully automatic magnetic induction identification, with a large amount of surface water in normal contact; Nano technology tempered laminated glass, explosion-proof, scratch resistant, and impact resistant.
- Visual integration and intelligent teaching
Windows computer operating system, a large number of learning software, can be freely downloaded for free, suitable for information teaching software such as videos, songs, photos, PPTs, etc. Traditional pages are simple and easy to understand.
- Anti glare technology, green eye protection.
Repairing and filtering technology, filtering harmful light sources and protecting the eyes; Anti glare technology solves the problem of light reflection from light sources and avoids reflection; Visible from a 178 degree perspective, suitable for students to watch.
- Full flat shape, can be spliced.
Full flat surface, dust or water stains will not harm the touch; The data signal is pieced and transformed, with single or dual screens freely matched.
- Touch display integration, multi person interactive communication.
Ten point nanotechnology intelligent control interactive communication touch technology, achieving simultaneous interactive communication among multiple people; High definition LED with clear interface and prominent focus; Automatic OPS server, wireless network, USB storage.
The main functions of an electronic whiteboard are:
- Screen annotation and timely feedback. The use of electronic whiteboards can enable students to think while imagining while drawing, presenting the process of learning and thinking, and making it easier for teachers to identify problems and evaluate them in a timely manner.
- It can be presented in batches. In teaching, teachers can present teaching resources in batches based on progress, which is beneficial for students to concentrate and effectively guide their thinking development.
- Able to highlight key points, create artistic conception, and stimulate students’ interest.
- It is conducive to improving classroom teaching efficiency.